How to fix Bluetooth not working issues on Windows 8.1?
Many users who have upgraded their computers to Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 have complained about Bluetooth connectivity issues, even after the upgrade was successfully completed. Problems like Bluetooth devices not able to connect after pairing or Bluetooth wireless devices facing intermittent, dropped or frequent disconnection issues and Bluetooth device connecting with errors are just a few of them to name here.
Bluetooth Not Working for Windows 8.1
If you are facing these kinds of issues on your Windows 8.1 based computer then follow the simple steps listed below:-
- Press Windows Logo + R key. When the Run dialog box opens, type on it “services.msc” and then press Enter.
- Now go to the Bluetooth Support Service and double click on it.
- A window will open up. Now go to the General tab and change the startup type from Manual to Automatic by clicking and selecting from the dropdown options.
- Once done, click on the Log On tab and then check a mark on This Account.
- Now, type in your account name or browse through the options to find your account name.
- After selecting the account name, remove both the hidden passwords and restart the Windows 8.1 computer.
- Once done, proceed to reinstall the Bluetooth drivers.
Bluetooth Drivers for Windows 8.1
In order to update the Bluetooth driver for Windows 8.1 do the following:-
- Check the Windows Update for driver updates
- Now, select Settings from the Windows 8.1 charms
- Tap on the Change PC Settings
- Now select Update and Recovery and then select Windows Update
- Select Check for updates and also make sure to keep checking the Optional updates in the results.
- Visit the device manufacturer’s website for checking for updated drivers.
- Also check the radio manufacturer’s website for updates and also check what type and model of Bluetooth radio you have:
- Select Search from the Windows 8.1 charms and search for Device Manager and open it from the results.
- From the Device Manager expand Bluetooth and search for device that has name starting with Intel, Broadcom or Qualcomm Atheros as they are the major radio manufacturers. Now, check the radio manufacturer’s website for driver updates.
- But if you see Generic Bluetooth Adapter instead of these above mentioned manufacturers then – right click on the Generic Bluetooth Adapter and select Properties. Now, select the Advanced tab and note down the number mentioned next to the Manufacturer ID and search for the drivers online and update them.
- Once the Bluetooth drivers are updated, use the device again. Updating drivers mostly resolves issues but sometimes you even need to un-pair and repair the device from the Bluetooth settings. For going to Bluetooth settings,
- Go to the Settings charm of Windows 8.1
- Select the Change PC settings and then select Bluetooth.
This can completely fix your issues with Bluetooth.
But even after following these steps if you still face issues, call iYogi technicians at our toll free number and get assistance in solving the Bluetooth related issues on your Windows 8.1 computer.