How To Get DVD Player On Windows 8.1
If your computer is running on Windows 8.1 or on Windows 8.1 Pro then you might be unable to play a DVD. As both of these versions of Windows OS do not have DVD playback compatibility. You can either upgrade to an edition by adding features that plays DVD or else you can install a DVD playback app.
For playing DVD on Windows 8.1 Pro version a user can purchase ‘Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack’, which includes DVD playback. However, ‘Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack’ is not available for Windows RT 8.1 version.
Steps for adding Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Centre Pack to your Windows 8.1 version
- Go ‘Search’ option on your computer.
- In the search box type ‘add features’ and then click on ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on the ‘Add features to Windows 8.1’ option and then follow one of the below given options as per your choice.
- If you wish to buy a product key, then click on the option ‘I want to buy a product key’. Follow the on-screen instructions for buying the product key online’.
- If you have product key then click on the option ‘I already have a product key’.
- Enter the product key as it is and press the ‘Next’ button.
- Go through the license terms and then select the check box for accepting the license terms.
- Now, click on the ‘Add features’ option.
One you have successfully followed the above given steps, your computer will restart automatically and Windows Media Center Pack will be available for use after the restart.
Steps for installing the apps for playing DVD
Before proceeding with the steps for install the app, make sure that your computer is connected with the Internet.
- Tap on the ‘Store’ available on the ‘Start’ screen of your desktop toolbar.
- Now, sign in your Microsoft account with your username and password.
- Browse through the featured apps and the available list or explore the categories for finding out a specific app. If you want you can also run a search.
- As soon as you find an app, go through its detailed description. Once you are sure which app to download click on ‘Buy’ button if it is a paid app else click on ‘Try’ button for downloading a free app.
With these easy and workable steps you can now enjoy playing DVD on your Windows 8.1 computer.