Steps to resolve “Windows 8.1 not waking up from sleep” issue
If you are a Windows 8.1 user and are tired of getting your computer back from sleep simply because it goes into this mode frequently, here’s what can ease you of the hassles. The steps below can also enable you to fix the issue if you are unable to wake your computer from sleep.
There are a number of causes that lead to the “Windows 8.1 not waking up from sleep” issue. Some of them are–
- Recently installed third party software
- Outdated chipset drivers
So, depending on the case at hand, you could try applying the fixes shared here and recover your PC.
Clean Boot Windows 8.1
If the issue is appearing due to the installation of any third party software, the Clean Boot State should help you resolve it. The simple steps that you could apply are:
- Press the key combination Windows Key + R. This will open ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Now, type “misconfig” and then press the ‘Enter’ key for launching the ‘System Configuration’ tool.
- Now, click on the ‘General’ tab and uncheck the option “Load Startup Items”.
- Click on the ‘Service’ Tab. Click on the option ‘Hide All Microsoft Services’ and click on the option ‘Disable All’.
- Now, click on the ‘Apply’ button for saving the settings.
- Reboot your computer for applying the saved changes.
After rebooting the computer if you find that the problem is resolved, find out the app that can be causing the issue. For identifying the app, enable one app at a time from the ‘System Configuration Startup’ tab.
Updating Chipset Drivers
- Go to the Windows website or the computer manufactures website
- Update the chipset drivers on your PC
Now, check and confirm if updating the chipset driver could fix the issue. In case the issues still persist then move on to the next solution.
Set Power Management
- Press the key combination Windows key + X.
- Now, from the listed option, select ‘Device Manager’.
- In the Device Manager window, search for the options ‘Network Adaptor, Mic and Keyboard. Ensure selecting these options one by one.
- Now, right click on the ‘Network Adapter’ and then click on ‘Properties’ button.
- Click on ‘Power Management’ option.
- Now in this window uncheck the option ‘Allow this device to wake the computer’
- Click on ‘Apply’ button and then on ‘OK’ button to save the settings.
These steps should help you resolve the “Windows 8.1 not waking up from sleep” issues effortlessly. In case you are still not able to recover it, don’t miss to call iYogi tech experts on our toll free number.