Fix: Windows 8 Store App Not Working Issue
Has your Windows 8 Store App stopped working completely? Mostly, Windows store automatically notifies you in case there is an issue with the app. So, if you are also struggling with something similar, here’s information that can be of help to you.
In case you are continuously experiencing issues with an app or if you are unable to open the Windows Store, then you can you can download ‘App troubleshooter’ app from the Microsoft Official Website. This troubleshooting tool automatically identifies and resolves the issues that persist with the apps or app store.
There can be other reasons too due to which Windows 8 App may not work. Here are the reasons and quick tips to let you access and enjoy using your favorite apps in a jiffy; and that too error-free.
Check App update
At times Windows 8 Store App does not work smoothly because its software is outdated. So, ensure that you haven’t missed installing the latest update.
Is Windows Firewall Blocking App?
Windows Firewall often blocks the app by default; it is another reason that refrains a user from using the app. Check your Windows Firewall settings and if needed allow the app to obtain information through Firewall.
Check PC Update
Often, having an outdated OS can also result in the Windows App Store not working properly. Check if there are any updates available for your PC and make sure the antivirus program is not stopping the app from being used.
System Admin Limitation
Just in case your PC is associated with an organization or a particular network, you may not be able to use the app due to the system admin limitation. If the system Administration Group Policy is blocking the app, consider contacting your system administrator to grant you the access.
Issue with Sync App Licenses
Windows 8 App Store may not work if the license for an app is out of sync. This might also prevent you from using the apps that are installed on your PC.
Here are some easy steps to help you sync your app licenses instantly –
- Click on the ‘Store’ for accessing Windows Store.
- Swipe in from the right edge of your computer screen and then click on ‘Settings’. (in case you are using a mouse, move the cursor to the lower-right corner of the screen and click on ‘Settings’. )
- In the ‘Settings’, click on the ‘App Updates’ option.
- Now, click on ‘Sync Licenses’ option.
Doing so will allow you to synchronize your app licenses.
Consider Reinstalling the App
If your app licenses are synced and the app is updated and still none of the above mentioned solutions were helpful in resolving the issue, then you can try reinstalling the app.
Here are some easy steps that will assist you in reinstalling the app –
- On the ‘start’ screen find out the app that you wish to uninstall, right-click on the app and then click on the Uninstall option.
- Now, click on ‘Store’ to browse the Windows Store.
- Click on the ‘Account’ and then click on the ‘My Apps’ option.
- Locate the app that you want to install right-click on the app and click on the option ‘Install’.
With these steps you can easily start using the Windows 8 Store App once again. However, if you are still facing issues while using it or while you are working on the fixes, do not forget to call iYogi tech experts. We are on call 24x7.