Simple Ways to Create Keyboard Shortcuts to Access any App
Do you find it dreary to open and work with Windows 8 apps using any pointing device or mouse? Though Windows 8 users could be missing Start Menu, but they can surely opt for creating keyboard shortcut to use Windows 8 apps more comfortably and efficiently.
Windows 8 allows users to assign keyboard shortcuts for operating different apps. On assigning keyboard shortcut for opening several programs, you no longer need using mouse or other device to open or work on those apps. And it is super easy to create keyboard shortcuts for Windows 8 apps. If you have not created shortcut for any app yet, then right-click the program file of the app and start creating keyboard shortcut by following these steps.
- To locate the application’s shortcut icon, right click on the blank area of the Start screen and click ‘All Apps’ on the menu that appears on the bottom of the screen.
- In the ‘Apps’ window, right click on the app you want to create keyboard shortcut for and then click ‘Open File Location’ on the menu that appears at the bottom.
- Right click the shortcut and select ‘Properties’.
- Enter a key combo in the ‘Shortcut key’ field. The combo must be ‘Control’, ‘ALT’ and a third key such as a letter or number. For example, we are taking ‘Control’, ‘Alt’ and ‘C’ as key combo here.
- Click ‘OK’ when done and close the window.
- You can now launch your application by simply hitting the key combo you’ve set, no mouse movement required.
By following these steps, you will be able to create keyboard shortcut for Windows 8 apps without much hassles. If you are facing challenges then, check out this video which illustrates all these steps shown above to help you perform these steps even more easily.