Windows 8 User Guide: Find HomeGroup password
The HomeGroup feature was introduced to Windows 7 and then, Microsoft has included this feature to Windows 8. Once you establish HomeGroup network on a group of PCs to allow sharing devices such as printer or scanner, share files from libraries including Documents, Pictures, Video and Music. It And it is super easy to set up HomeGroup network in Windows 8 because when users configures their PCs with Windows 8, the HomeGroup network is created automatically. With this, all you have to do is to join your Windows 8 computer to an existing HomeGroup network. This HomeGroup network over Windows 8 protected with password to protect rights of access to permitted users. Now, here comes one issue – many users face issues in accessing the network when they forget the HomeGroup password.
If you have forgotten and want to find HomeGroup password, then follow these steps shown below.
- Move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen to access the charms menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm and then click on “Change PC Settings”
- Click “Home Group” in the left pane.
- Under “Membership” You can see your home group password.
- Now close the PC setting windows.
- If you are on the “Desktop”, you can also find HomeGroup password from here by moving the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm and then click on “Control Panel”
- In the “Control panel” window, select the “Icons” view and then click “HomeGroup”.
- Click “View or print the homeGroup password” to find the HomeGroup password.
By following these steps, you will be able to find HomeGroup password in Windows 8. If you are facing challenges then, check out this video which illustrates all these steps shown above to help you perform these steps even more easily.