How to add System Icons to the desktop in Windows 8
System Icons are many, such as My Computer, My Network, Recycle Bin, etc., and not necessarily all of them have to adorn your desktop. However, having them on this platform can enable you to easily access them as you will not have to hunt for them in their respective folders. If, on your Windows 8-based PC you do not have all your significant program or folder icons already showing up, apply the below mentioned steps in order to add system icons to the desktop. Once they are displaying on your desktop, you can comfortably use them and carry out your work.
The easy step solution to the above issue is as:
- Go to the desktop by clicking on the ‘Desktop’ tile.
- Right click on the blank area on the desktop and select ‘Personalize’ from the menu.
- On ‘Change the visuals and sounds on your computer’ window, click ‘Change desktop icons’ option from the left pane.
- On the ‘Desktop Icons Settings’ box, check the checkboxes that represent the name of the icons that are to be added on the desktop screen and then click ‘OK’.
- Close the ‘Personalize’ window.Â
Wasn’t this simple? You can perform this task and complete it too in no time.
For a quick recap of the solution steps, here is a short video that you can check out. To watch it now, click on the window below: