How to allow an app through the Windows 8 Firewall?
Do you know how to allow an app through the Windows 8 Firewall? In Windows 8 OS, most of the programs are blocked by Windows Firewall by default to help make your computer more secure. To work properly, some programs might require you to allow them to communicate through the firewall.
Don’t know how to do that? Follow our step-by-step solution and you can allow an application to communicate through the firewall.
- Right click on a blank area of the Start screen and then click ‘All Apps’ on the menu bar that appears at the bottom.
- Under ‘Windows Accessories’ option, click on ‘Control Panel’ and it will open the ‘Control Panel’ window on the desktop.
- Click 'System and Security' and then click on 'Windows Firewall'.
- Click on the ‘Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall’ option and then click on the ‘Change Settings’ button.
- Locate the program in the list and select the checkbox next to it.
- Allow the program through the firewall on your “Home Network” and ‘Public Network’.
- If the program is not in the list, click on the ‘Allow another program’ button and select the program that you want to allow.
- Click on “Add” and then click on ‘OK’.
With just 8 simple steps, you can allow an app to pass through Windows 8 Firewall. For a better understanding, click on the video link mentioned below.