Steps to change the default browser in Windows 8
Is the default Windows 8 browser bringing your work down to a snail’s pace? Do you wish to change the pre-installed browser in Windows 8 to the one you prefer? Do you have a favorite browser that you can’t work without?
If the answer to all the above mentioned questions is ‘Yes’, then you have reached the right place. We can help you change the default browser in Windows 8 by simply following the steps mentioned below. You should know that by changing the default browser in Windows 8, all the links that you will click in the future will open in the new browser that you choose. So, whether it is Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Internet Explorer, just go through these steps and enjoy working on the browser of your choice:
- Right click on a blank area of the Start screen and then click ‘All Apps’ on the menu bar that appears at the bottom.
- Under ‘Windows System’, click on the ‘Control Panel’ to access it.
- Click ‘Programs’ and then click on ‘Default Programs’.
- Now click ‘Set your default Programs’.
- In the ‘Programs’ section, select the browser you want to set as default and then select ‘Set this program as default’.
- Click ‘OK’ and close the ‘Default Programs’ window.
- Now, your default browser is changed.
That was simple, wasn’t it? Working in your favorite browser not only makes your work easy but it also helps you save time as it boosts up your pace. With these guidelines, changing your default browser will never be tough.
To get a video recap of these steps, click on the video below: