How to change HomeGroup password in Windows 8
If you have a network of computers, you can conveniently use the HomeGroup feature to enable you to be able to share files, folders, PC peripherals, and music etc. among the group. To keep all your documents and settings in the group secured, you can set a password for the HomeGroup. This will ensure that all unauthorized access is restricted and only users who have the password can use it to gain an entry into the group. However, if for security reasons or any other reason you want to change this password, you can easily do it by following a few simple steps. On your Windows 8-based PC, you can follow the below mentioned solution steps in order to successfully change the HomeGroup password.
The easy steps are as follows:
- Right click on the blank area of the Start screen and then click ‘All Apps’ on the bottom menu bar that appears.
- Under ‘Windows System’, click on ‘Control Panel’ and it will open the ‘Control Panel’ window on the desktop.
- Type ‘HomeGroup’ in the search bar and select ‘HomeGroup’ from the result.
- Under ‘Other HomeGroup Actions’, click on ‘Change the Password’.
- Click ‘Change the Password’ and type a new password for your HomeGroup.
- Click ‘Next’ and wait for the configuration process to get over.
- After the process is successfully over, click on ‘Finish’.Â
Home networking becomes a much easier and efficient task with the help of the HomeGroup feature available on Windows 8. Now that you know the steps to change the current password, apply them immediately and make your network even more secured.
For a quick recall, here is a short video that you can check out…