Change the password expiration duration in your Windows 8 PC
Do you know the benefits of setting the password expiration duration in Windows 8 based PC? Well, with this feature of Windows you can easily protect your system from getting used by others. You can set your password in such a way, so that no one can guess it and have access to your system.
There is a fixed duration for a particular password, after which it expires and you have to set it again. This happens due to security concern. Therefore, in order to set password expiration duration in Windows 8, you just have to follow the six simple steps mentioned below:
- Right click on a blank area of the Start screen and then click ‘All Apps’ on the menu bar that appears at the bottom.
- Under ‘Windows System’, click ‘Run’.
- In the Run box, Type ‘secpol.msc’ in the search box and then click ‘OK’.
- Expand ‘Account Policy’ and then click on ‘Password Policy’.
- In the list double-click ‘Maximum password age’ to open it.
- Set the number of days you want the password to last for and then click ‘OK’.
Did you know the easiest way of setting password expiration duration in Windows 8 based PC?
You can do it now by just following the six simple steps mentioned above. For a better clarification, you can also watch the demonstrative video mentioned below.