Clearing Internet Explorer browsing history, cache, and cookies in Windows 8
One of the best bundled software or perk of upgrading to Windows 8 operating system is Internet Explorer 10. Internet Explorer 10, the latest version of IE browser, is optimized for touch enabled devices. This latest IE browser is known to deliver speedy performance (noticeably speedier than its previous siblings) and other upgrades such as ‘Do Not Track’ option (similar to Google Chrome) and integrated search and sharing options. IE 10 allows users to pin their favorite webpages to the Start Screen like their frequently used applications and folders. Being featured with Windows 8 package, one of the most distinct features of IE 10 is its full support for Modern interface of Windows 8. However, Modern version of Internet Explorer 10 has some limitations as compared to the desktop mode of Windows 8. For example, Modern version will not allow users to view complete browsing history. Hence, you need to switch to the Desktop Mode to view and delete browsing history and other components of Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8.
Steps to delete browsing history in Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8
If you want to delete browsing history, cache, cookies and temporary Internet files from Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8 platform, follow these steps stated below:
1. Go to Start screen.
2. Move the mouse cursor to the upper right corner of the screen until you find the Charms Bar. Or else press Windows button and ‘C’ key to access the Charm Bar.
3. Select the Search icon.
4. Press the ‘Esc’ key to hide the Charm Bar from the ‘Apps’ screen.
5. Select ‘Control Panel’ from the Windows System section.
6. Select Internet Options.
7. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Delete’ button. Now, you will find ‘Delete Browsing History’ window.
8. Check each box of ‘Temporary Internet files and website files’ (to delete entries of webpages, images, and other files stored for faster loading of webpages), ‘Cookies and website data’ (to delete data saved on a PC to store preferences in order to improve loading of websites), ‘History’ to delete the list of sites you visited, ‘Download History’ to remove the downloaded files on your PC, ‘Form data’ to remove information you entered on online forms, ‘Passwords’ (to remove website passwords that get automatically stored on your PC), ‘ActiveX Filtering and Tracking Protection data’ (to delete the list of sites you want to filter from filtering and clear data that tracks your visit), and also uncheck ‘Preserve Favorite website data’ box to wipe out the history, cache or cookies of websites you frequently visit.
We have a video that will help you to manage settings on Internet Explorer 10 easily!
Thus, you can successfully cleare all browsing history, cookies, cache and temporary Internet files from Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8. If you need technical help and support for Windows 8, call iYogi at the toll-free number 1 877 659 3003 to get instant support and resolve issues.
Call toll free 1 877 659 3003