How to create a Microsoft User Account in Windows 8?
Are you new to Windows8? You don’t know what a Microsoft User Account is and how is it different from other user account? Also, you want to know the steps to create a Microsoft User Account in Windows 8? No problem. We have answers to your every query.
User accounts allow several people to share a single PC. Each individual can have a separate account with his own settings and preferences, like a desktop background or screen saver.
When you create a user account, you can create two types of accounts – a local account for that PC or a Microsoft Account, which works on all the Windows 8 and Windows RT PCs you use. Mostly, Microsoft account is recommended.
What is a Microsoft User Account? It is a simple email address and password that you use to sign in to Windows. You can either use your previous email address or can create a new one, but it would be best if you choose to go by the one that you already use to sign in to other websites.
When you sign in using your Microsoft User Account, your PC automatically gets connected to the cloud, and every setting, preference and apps associated with your account will follow you between different PCs. Check it out the steps to create a Microsoft User Account.
- Move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen and it will display the ‘Charms’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm and then click on ‘More PC Settings’.
- Click “Users” in the left pane and then click on ‘Add a User’.
- Type your Microsoft Email address and then click ‘Next’. You will be required to enter the password of this account at login.
- Click ‘Finish’ to create the user account.
- Close the ‘PC Settings’ window.
This is how you can create a Microsoft User Account on your Windows 8 PC. Isn’t the process easy and simple to follow? If you want, you can also have a quick recap for these steps on our video solution that is posted below.