8 simple steps to customize the On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 8
Do you have a Windows 8 based PC or laptop? Did you know that you can customize the on-screen keyboard in Windows 8? Windows 8 gives you various customization options such as Hover Over and Scan through keys for your on-screen keyboard.
Customizing your on-screen keyboard gives you a personalized experience by allowing you to enter information in different ways.Â In Windows 8, you can customize your on-screen keyboard by changing the font, changing your typing style or by adding a click sound. You can use the click mode, hovering mode or scanning mode as per your convenience and you’d no longer have to use the physical keyboard. Here are 8 easy steps that you can follow to get a customized on-screen keyboard.
- Right click on a blank area on the Start Screen and click ‘All Apps’ in the menu bar that shows up at the bottom.
- Under ‘Windows Ease of Access’ options, click ‘On-Screen Keyboard’ to access it.
- Click on the ‘Options’ button and then, under to use the On-Screen Keyboard, select the mode you want:
- Click on Keys: In clicking mode, click the On-Screen keys to type text.
- Hover over keys: In hovering mode, use a mouse or joystick to point to a key for a predefined period of time, and the selected character is typed automatically.
- Scan through keys: In scanning mode, On-Screen Keyboard continually scans the keyboard and highlights areas where you can type keyboard characters by pressing a keyboard shortcut, using a switch input device, or using a device that simulates a mouse click.
- Click ‘OK’.
- The On-Screen Keyboard is customized the way you wanted it.
As you can see the On-Screen Keyboard is really easy to use. Just follow the above mentioned steps to customize it and get an enhanced user experience. You can check out the video link given below to get a better understanding of the whole process.