How to delete a Power Plan in Windows 8
Though a properly working power plans can help you conserve energy and maximize system performance, at times the default power plan in Windows 8 might not fit your bill and all you want is to delete it. So, if the default Power Plan in Windows 8 is not working your way and you want to delete it or create a new power plan that functions in accordance with your new work, then we can help you out.
Apart from providing you with the option of creating a customized power plan, Windows 8 also offers you the option of deleting the power plan that your PC is working on. Power Plans best come into use when the same PC is being used by a number of people for their different purposes. Follow these few simple steps and you can easily delete a power plan in Windows 8.
1. Right click on a blank area of the Start screen and then click ‘All Apps’ on the menu bar that appears at the bottom.
2. Under ‘Windows System’, click on ‘Control Panel’ to access it.
3. Click ‘System and Security’ and then click ‘Power Options’.
4. If the active plan is the one that you want to delete, make a different plan the ‘Active’ plan.
5. Under the plan that you want to delete, click ‘Change plan settings’.
6. Click on ‘Delete this plan’ and then click ‘OK’.
Deleting and creating customized power plans is as easy as it sounds. Simply follow our steps mentioned above to delete a power plan in Windows 8. To better comprehend the solution steps, click on the video below.