Windows 8 Mail app: How to enable and disable notifications?
Email notifications appear for a few seconds on the desktop as soon as the new email arrives. This helps in not missing out on any urgent message. The Mail app –built in app of Windows 8 has a built in feature to display Email notification as soon as email arrives.
The Windows Email notification appears on the desktop with a little excerpt of that email, clicking upon which would take you to the entire email in Mail app.
You can either enable it or disable it as per your requirement. To enable or disable Windows Email notification, you will have to make some changes to its settings. Don’t know how to go about it? Here is your solution:
- By default, notifications in the ‘Mail’ app are enabled. To disable it, open ‘Mail’ app.
- Move the cursor to the top right corner of the window to access the charms menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm and then click ‘Permissions’.
- Under ‘Notification’ section, move the slider to the left to disable the notifications in ‘Mail’ app.
- You can use this option to enable it as well.
- Now the ‘Mail’ app tile won’t display notifications.
This is how you can enable or disable Email notifications in Windows 8 Mail app. Wasn’t the process easy and simple to follow? You can further simplify the process by going through our video solution that is posted below.