Simple steps to hide the Taskbar in Windows 8
Are you using a Windows 8 PC? Are you someone who likes to keep his/her desktop screen uncluttered and free of unwanted icons? Well you can simply hide the taskbar from your system and get a personalized desktop.
The taskbar normally lies at the bottom the screen and has buttons like time, date, etc. Hiding the taskbar from your screen creates additional space for buttons and toolbars and gives a personalized feeling to the desktop. Once the taskbar is hidden, use the additional screen space for customizing the desktop screen space. Follow these 6 simple steps and get rid of the taskbar from your desktop.
- If you are on the Start Screen, go to the desktop.
- Right-click an empty area on the taskbar and then click ‘Properties’.
- Clear the ‘Lock the taskbar’ check box.
- Select the ‘Auto-hide the taskbar’ check box.
- Click ‘Apply’ and then click ‘OK’.
- The taskbar is hidden from view. You can see it again by pointing to the place where you last saw it.
With the help of the above mentioned steps, you can easily hide the taskbar from your computer screen and keep your desktop uncluttered. Â We have included an instructional video that you can go through for a better understanding.