How to add password to a Local User Account in Windows 8
Windows 8 allows us to enjoy the ability to create multiple accounts on the PC. By doing this, we can enjoy the privacy and space that we require to use the PC as well as store personal data, pictures and other information. In addition to creating multiple accounts, we can also categorize them as per the user’s requirement and preference – we can create Microsoft accounts as well as Local User Accounts. Here are the simple steps mentioned below that you can use to add password to a Local User Account in your Windows 8-based PC.
To apply them now, follow the solution steps provided below:
- Move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen and it will display the ‘Charms’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm and then click on ‘Change PC Settings’.
- Click ‘Users’ in the left pane and then click on the ‘Create a Password’ button.
- Type a password you want to add and then re-enter to confirm it.
- Type the password hint and then click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the process and then close the window.
- The next time you try to access your user account, you will need to enter the password.
By adding a password, you can limit the access different users have over the account and thereby keep all data saved therein secured. This is also a good way to make sure that the different accounts do not get messed up and different users have the different login details that they need to access and operate their account.
For a quick recap of the solution steps, here is a short video that you can check out…