How to boot Windows 8 in Safe Mode using MSCONFIG
If you are struggling with an issue in your Windows 8-based PC, it would be helpful if you could boot it in the Safe mode. Booting in the Safe mode will only launch the important applications and basic drivers that are needed for the OS to function and also will be easy on system resources. In addition, if there is malware on your PC, such programs will not get loaded and you will be easily able to troubleshoot the problems. If you have never attempted this task, here is your chance to do it.
Follow the easy step solution given below to boot Windows 8 in Safe Mode using MSCONFIG:
- Right click on the blank area of the Start screen and then click ‘All Apps’ on the bottom menu bar that appears.
- Under ‘Windows System’, click on ‘Run’.
- Type ‘msconfig’ in the run box and then click ‘OK’.
- In the ‘User Account Control’ window, type the password if you have one and click ‘Yes’.
- Click on the ‘Boot’ tab and select the checkbox next to ‘Safe Boot’.
- Click on ‘OK’ and then click on the ‘Restart’ button.
- Your computer will automatically restart in safe mode and will continue to do so until you change the settings back.
Although it may sound very technical, in reality, you can follow the steps given above and do the task easily. For your future reference, keep the steps handy and use them as and when needed.
For a quick recall of the steps, here is a short video that you can check out. To watch it now, click below: