How to change Windows Update settings in Windows 8
If you have just started your journey with the new Windows 8 OS, here is a quick tip that can help you to customize it for yourself. By applying the simple steps as mentioned below, you can easily change the Windows Update settings in the OS to better suit your needs. Although the default settings have been designed to constantly help Microsoft keep updating you with its latest fixes and security patches for the OS, but, there can be times when you may feel the need to delay updating the patches or may find reviewing the patches before updating them on your PC better. For times such as these, it may become imperative for you to look for the easy steps that you can use to alter the settings.
Look no further; simply follow the solution steps as mentioned below:
- Right click on the blank area of the Start screen and then click ‘All Apps’ on the bottom menu bar that appears.
- Under ‘Windows System’, click on ‘Control Panel’ and it will open the ‘Control Panel’ window on the desktop.
- Click ‘System and Security’ and then click ‘Windows Update’.
- Click ‘Change Settings’ from the left pane and then choose your Windows update settings.
- Click ‘OK’ and then click ‘Yes’ on the ‘User Account Control’ window.
Simple, isn’t it? By changing the Windows Update settings you can now delay the automatic updates from getting installed and as per your convenience, you can later roll back the settings to its original form. To do it, you can refer to the above mentioned points once again.
For a quick recap of the steps, watch the solution video given below: