How to hide, show or resize desktop icons in Windows 8
It is extremely annoying to have large icons on your desktop and a sheer waste of space of your desktop. Not just this, freeing up some desktop space will also help other files and folders to be easily accessible. With just a click of the mouse, resizing your icons will be the simplest task. We can help you find the shortest and the effortless way to resize those large icons on your Windows 8 desktop.
There are also times when certain icon on your desktop are a simply of no use at all and are just crowding your desktop space. Bury the trash by following these easy steps through which you can hide or show the desktop icons of your choice and customize your desktop accordingly.
For a Windows 8 desktop, follow the given steps to hide/show/ resize your desktop icons:
- If you are on the Start Screen, go to the desktop.
Â To hide desktop icons:Â
- Right-click the desktop, point to ‘View’, and then click on ‘Show Desktop Icons’ to clear the check mark.
- Hiding all of the icons on your desktop doesn't delete them; it just hides them until you choose to show them again.
Â To show desktop icons:Â
- Right-click the desktop, point to ‘View’, and then click on ‘Show desktop icons’.
Â To resize desktop icons:Â
- Right-click the desktop, point to ‘View’, and then click ‘Large icons’, ‘Medium icons’, or ‘Small icons’.
- You can also use the scroll wheel on the mouse to resize the icons.
- On the desktop, press and hold the ‘Control key’ and scroll up or down to make icons larger or smaller.
Now clearing your desktop and resizing the icons is literally ‘just a click away’. Keeping your desktop clear makes it easier for you to work, so just click on the video below to get a quick recap of the above steps.