Simple way to restart Internet Explorer when it freezes on Windows 8
Do you face a situation where your Internet Explorer freezes and you have an important task going on? Some of the reasons for this problem could be low memory, a damaged file or a missing system file. This may also occur due to add-ons in your Internet Explorer that are not up-to-date and compatible with the Internet Explorer in use. When an Internet Explorer freezes, it not only puts a stop on your work but you are also at a risk of losing your unsaved data in case you restart your system.
Following the steps given below can help you deal with an Internet Explorer that keeps freezing all the time and that too without restarting your PC:
- Right-click on a blank area of the ‘Taskbar’ and then click ‘Task Manager’.
- When the Windows Task Manager launches, right-click on ‘Windows Explorer’ in the ‘Processes’ tab and then click ‘End Task’.
- Everything except the ‘Task Manager’ will clear off.
- From the Task Manager menu, click ‘File’ and then click ‘Run New Task’.
- In the Open field type: ‘explorer.exe’ and click ‘OK’.
- When the process restarts, you get the desktop back along with all of the icons.
- You can then close the ’Task Manager’ and open Windows Explorer again.
Simple, isn’t it? So now when your Internet Explorer freezes, all you need to do is follow these simple steps and your problem will be resolved within minutes.
For a quick recap, click on the DIY video below and resolve all your worries related to your browser.