Disk Defragmenter is a smart way to run hard disk smoothly
Do you know you should run Disk Defragmenter in your PC periodically? Well, Disk Defragmenter is a tool that rearranges fragmented files so that your hard disk functions as smooth as possible. It is always better to run the Disk Defragmenter in your PC and rearrange the files before you lose control over them. If you are using Windows 8 as your current operating system in your PC, then running a Disk Defragmenter is quite an easy task. However, remember that it runs on a scheduled time and can be modified and started manually.
To run the Disk Defragmenter on your Windows 8 based PC, you can start following our quick and easy solution steps mentioned right below. Simply follow the steps and make the changes as required.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to run the Disk Defragmenter in Windows 8:
1. Move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen and it will display the “Charms” menu
2. Click on the “Search” charm
3. In the right pane, click “Settings” and then in the search box type “Defrag”
4. Click “Defragment your hard drive” and it will open the “Optimize Drives” window on the desktop.
5. Click on the drive you want to defragment and then click on the “Analyze” button to check if a defragmentation is needed.
6. Click on the “Optimize” button and wait for the completion of the defragmentation process.
See, how easily you can run the Disk Defragmenter on Windows 8 based PC, all you need to do is follow our solution steps and do the changes as required.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: