How to schedule Disk Defragmenter in Windows 8?
Performing a disk defragmentation task is of utmost importance in order to optimize the hard disks in a PC and to keep them in the top performing condition. There are two ways in which you could carry out this job – performing a manual defrag or scheduling your PC to automatically do this task. While in the manual disk defragmentation job you will have to do it yourself and monitor each step yourself, an automated disk defragmentation task will allow you the flexibility of scheduling it as per your convenience. So now, after you have learnt the steps using which you can easily schedule this job, you can sit back and relax and let your Windows 8-based PC carry out this technical task on its own…
The easy step solution to the above issue is as:
- Move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen to access the Charms menu.
- Click on the ‘Search’ charm and then click on ‘Settings’.
- Type ‘Disk Defrag’ in the search field and then click on ‘Defragment your hard drive’ in the search results to launch it.
- nder ‘Scheduled Optimization’, click on the ‘Change Settings’ button.
- Select the frequency to ‘Daily, Weekly or Monthly’ and choose the drive you want to optimize.
- Click ‘OK’ and then click ‘OK’ again.
- Close the ‘Optimize Drives’ window.
As soon as you will close the window, you will have the schedule ready in which your hard disk drives will be automatically optimized. Will it not make your life so much simpler?
For a quick recap of the solution steps, check out the short video given below: