Set Parental Control in Windows 8 in simple steps
Are you concerned about the content that your child has access to while browsing the Internet? Do you want to bar certain websites from your children? Keeping kids secure when online is the concern for parents and technology companies alike. Enabling a Parental Control is the perfect and the safest solution for you, if you cannot monitor your kid’s online activities all the time.
Setting up parental control on your Windows 8 computer has become simpler than ever. Apart from providing you peace of mind, it provides you complete activity reports through e-mail, sets web filtering levels, restricts apps and monitor apps from the Windows Store, sets limit on time as well as the programs.
Here’s how to use parental control on Windows 8 computer to keep your kids safe online.
- Right click on a blank area of the Start screen and then click ‘All Apps’ on the menu bar that appears at the bottom.
- Under ‘Windows System’, click on the ‘Control Panel’ to access it.
- ClickÂ ‘User Accounts and Family Safety’ and then click ‘Parental Control’.
- Click on ‘Create a new user account’Â to set up a new account in case the standard user account has not already been created.
- Type a name for the new user and then click ‘Create Account’.
- Open the new account and then click on ‘Enforce current settings’ under the Parental Controls.
That’s it. Just a few simple steps and you can rest assured that your kids are completely protected from online threats. Parental control can help you allot time limit, moderate games and block inappropriate websites to make the browsing session of your kid safe and secure. To better comprehend the solution steps, take a quick look at our video below.