How to set up an account in the Windows 8 Mail app?
Windows 8 has been designed by Microsoft with the sole intention of making the life easier for a user. If you have multiple e-mail accounts – to clearly demarcate the professional, personal, business and other interests, etc – you may find it cumbersome to login to each mail client separately to check the updates. With Windows 8, all this can be taken care of in a breeze! The Windows 8 Mail App allows you to bring all the different e-mail clients on a common platform and seamlessly work on your Gmail, Hotmail, and Windows Live Mail accounts. Read below for the simple steps that you can apply to set up an account in the Windows 8 Mail app.Â
- Open ‘Mail’ app.
- Move the cursor to the top right corner of the window to access the Charms menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ charm and then click ‘Accounts’.
- Click ‘Add an Account’ and then select any e-mail provider from the list.
- Type your e-mail address and password and then select the ‘Include your contacts and calendars’ checkbox.
- Click ‘Connect’ and wait for the synchronization process to complete.
Now that you have set up the Mail app, you can now focus on adding your contacts and making the list here extensive. Since the Mail app and the People app work together, adding contacts to one will automatically share it with the other.
Isn’t all this fun? For better comprehension of the above steps, here is a short video that you can check out.