Do you know how to set up Windows Explorer startup folder in Windows 8
Are you finding ways on how to set the office explorer startup folder in your new Windows 8 OS? Do you find it irritating at times when the default folder of the explorer opens up? Do you want a particular folder to open every time you open Windows Explorer using the icon on the taskbar?
Windows Explorer helps you to browse and find locations on your PC and network. If you want a specific folder to open every time you click this icon, Windows 8 provides you with an option to set the Windows Explorer startup folder to your preferred location. Just follow these simple steps to do just that:
- If you are on Start Screen then go to the desktop.
- To change the default startup location for ‘Windows Explorer’, right-click on the ‘Windows Explorer’ icon on the Windows 8 Taskbar.
- Right-click on ‘Windows Explorer’ from the list, and then select ‘Properties’.
- When the Windows Explorer Properties pops up in the ‘Shortcut’ tab, click on the text box next to ‘Target’.
- A common place you might want it to default to is the Documents folder. For this type, ‘%user profile%/Documents’ and then click on ‘OK’.
- Now when you open Windows Explorer from the Taskbar it will default to the Documents folder.
Now you can easily set Windows explorer startup folder in Windows 8 in few clicks only. Click on the video below to get an idea on how to accomplish this task.