Sharing printer in a HomeGroup Network in Windows 8
HomeGroup in Windows 8 is a feature which offers ease to share devices and files between computers connected through network. Whether sharing printer with your family or employees of you small home office business, joining and sharing devices via HomeGroup is easy. Moreover, sharing printer via HomeGroup also allows you to avoid expenses of using a server. Whether your computers are connected via wireless or wired network connection, you can connect those PCs via HomeGroup to share printer or other devices. Moreover, it is easy to enable or disable sharing devices or files between PCs connected with HomeGroup network in Windows 8.
Setting up HomeGroup network in Windows 8 is super easy. Follow these steps below to set up HomeGroup network in Windows 8.
- Access ‘Start Screen’ on Windows 8.
- Select the Charm bar and click ‘Settings’ options.
- Â The PC settings window will open. Select ‘Change PC Settings’
You can initiate ‘Change PC Settings’ option inby using Windows shortcut: Win+I keys.
- ‘Change PC Settings’ window opens with a list of settings options from including ‘HomeGroup’ option. Select ‘HomeGroup’ option.
- A list of HomeGroup options will flash with toggle button under ‘Libraries and Devices’ in the left-panel of the window.
- Slide the toggle of the ‘Printers and Devices’ option to enable sharing printer between PCs connected via HomeGroup network. Â Passwords to share printer within certain group of PCs over HomeGroup network will be generated automatically. Enter the same password generated to all computers you want to connect and share printer with.
- Now, press ‘Alt+F4’ to quit the window.
Thus, you can successfully set up HomeGroup network with a certain group of computers.
Once, all computers you want to share printer with are connected with HomeGroup network, you are ready to share device and send print jobs in Windows 8.
Follow these steps to sharing printer between PCs connected with HomeGroup in Windows 8:
- Go to Start Screen.
- Get ‘Charms Bar’ and select ‘Control Panel’ option.
- As the ‘Control Panel’ window opens, Click ‘Hardware and Sound’.
- Select ‘View devices and printers’.
- Select the name of a printer from a list of devices.
- Click ‘Properties’.
- Select ‘Sharing’ and select ‘Share printer’ box. The name of the default printer will appear in the box or else, you can manually type and select a printer name.
- Finally, click ‘Ok’
Here is a video that would help you with that.
Thus, you can add and share printer using HomeGroup network in Windows 8. Do you need more troubleshooting tips or need help and support for Windows 8? Call iYogi at 1 877 659 3003Â to get instant support at your home.