How to Speed Up your Slow Remote Desktop Connections?
Has the remote desktop connection slowed down? Do you need to speed up remote desktop connections on Windows 8? If you are searching for tips on how to speed up remote desktop connections on Windows 8, then here is what you need to know.
Even if you have successfully established remote desktop connections on Windows 8; it is of no use if the connection is taking too much time to connect to any remote machine. However, there are some viable measures which you can adopt to speed up remote desktop connections on Windows 8. Follow these step by step instructions to speed up remote desktop connections on Windows 8.
- On the Start screen, right click on the blank area of the screen and click ‘All Apps’ on the menu that appears on the bottom of the screen.
- Under ‘Windows Accessories’, click ‘Remote Desktop Connections’
- On the ‘Remote Desktop Connections’ window, click ‘Show Options’
- Click the ‘Display’ tab. Slide the Display Configuration to a smaller size.
- Under ‘Colors’, select ‘High Color (16 bit)’ from the drop down.
- Now click the ‘Experience’ tab and select ‘Modem (56 Kbps)’ from the dropdown menu.
- On the ‘General’ tab, select or type the computer name you want to remote into and then click ‘Connect’.
By following these steps, you will be able to speed up remote desktop connections in Windows 8. If you are facing challenges then, check out this video which illustrates all these steps shown above to help you perform these steps even more easily.