Put a halt to scheduled Disk Defragmenter from running automatically in Windows 8
Finding problem in stopping the already running disk defragmenter? You don’t need to worry anymore.Â A Disk Defragmenter organizes the fragmented data to boost the efficiency of your hard disk. In Windows 8, a pre-scheduled Disk Defragmenter runs regularly the moment you turn on your computer.
There are times when you might need to disable the pre-scheduled disk defragmenter. Be it installation of drive or a third-party disk defragmenter. Do you often wonder if there is any way to turn it off? Well, you can bring the scheduled disk defragmenter to a halt in Windows 8 by following these simple steps:
- Move the mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen to access the charms menu.
- Click on the ‘Search’ charm and then click on ‘Settings’.
- Type ‘Defragment’ in the search field and then click on ‘Defragment your hard drive’ in the search results to launch it.
- Under ‘Scheduled Optimization’, click on the ‘Change Settings’ button.
- Uncheck the checkbox next to ‘Run on a schedule’ and then click ‘OK’.
- Close the ‘Optimize Drives’ window.
Now stopping the scheduled disk defragmenter running on your Windows 8 OS is ‘just a click away’. Click on the video below to get a hands-on approach to accomplish this task.