Use the keyboard to move the mouse pointer using Mouse Keys in Windows 8
Have you yet explored the wonders of the Mouse Keys? Well, just as the name suggests, Mouse Keys allow you to control the mouse pointer using the keyboard! Yes you can do this and it is no rocket-science. Even if you are a beginner, you can easily use this benefit and to be able to do it, you will need to activate the Mouse Keys on your Windows 8-based PC. Don’t fret if you do not know the steps. Here are the simple steps that you can use in order to activate them. By using the Mouse Keys feature, you can overcome the discomfort that you may be facing with the standard mouse. This will also reduce the chances of you having to install another device such as a joystick in the place of the mouse on your Windows 8 PC.
Follow us through:
- Right click on the blank area of the Start screen and then click ‘All Apps’ on the menu bar that appears at the bottom.
- Under ‘Windows Accessories’, click on ‘Control Panel’ and it will open the ‘Control Panel’ window on the desktop.
- Click 'Ease of Access' and then click 'Ease of Access Center'.
- Click 'Make the mouse easier to use'.
- To use the keyboard to move the mouse pointer, select the checkbox next to 'Turn on MouseKeys'.
- Click ‘Apply’ and then click on ‘OK’.
- Close the ‘Ease of Access Center’ window.
After closing the window, you will be able to use the MouseKeys to move the mouse pointer in your Windows 8-based PC. For you to be able to better comprehend the steps mentioned above, we have for you a short solution video. Care to watch it now? Simply click on the video window below: